The Husqvarna Mega Quilter sewing machine offers a generous 9″ x 6″ sewing area and sews at the rate of 1600 stitches per minute. The sewing area and the rate of stitches per minute is perfect for machine quilting and is probably twice the speed of standard sewing machines. The extra throat area makes it much easier to push a quilt through making making machine quilting a breeze!
Most quilters start out machine quilting on the same sewing machine they use for quilt piecing. This is how I started machine quilting. Machine quilting baby quilts or wall quilts is easy on a home sewing machine but quilting a queen or king sized quilt can become quite difficult.
If you have machine quilted a few quilts on your sewing machine and are now ready to move onto a machine with a bigger throat then you should be sure to look at the Husqvarna Mega Quilter.
The Husqvarna Mega Quilter promises perfect stitches thanks to the automatic stitch control feature. Consistent stitches will make all your quilts turn out beautifully. Stitch speed is also adjustable, go as fast or as slow as you like.
The Mega Quilter also comes with an adjustable presser foot.
One of the best features of the Husqvarna Mega Quilter that makes quilting much easier is the knee lift, with the knee lift you can raise and lift the presser foot and keep both hands on the quilt.
The Mega Quilter comes with the great Husqvarna name and some more great features of this quilting machine include:
- Extra Large 9″x6″ Work Area
- Automatic Stitch Control
- Adjustable Presser Foot
- Adjustable Stitch length and width.
- Knee Lift
- Separate motor allows you to wind a bobbin while quilting a quilt
- Automatic thread cutter. This is a great feature! Its so simple but will make your quilting even more pleasurable.
- Portable extension table of 24″ x16″
- Perfect stitches on every fabric thickness thanks to automatic stitch control, thread pre-tension adjustment and adjustable presser foot pressure.
- Large reverse lever
Update: There have been more than a few people expressing frustration with this quilting machine. I recommend taking the machine for a test drive prior to purchasing.